Does Jesus Ever Say in the Bible, Pray to Me?

  If Jesus isn't God, why does He teach us to pray to Him? 

  Wait a minute... 

  Does Jesus ever say in the Bible, you can pray to Me? 

  But the Bible teaches that there is only ONE God! 

  And only that God can hear and answer our prayers! 

  Only God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent! 

  So does Jesus claim to have GOD POWERS in the Bible, which powers God shares with NO ONE?

  He sure does! 

  How does one gain entrance into Heaven, according to Jesus? 

  He says, call upon Him:

21 “Not everyone who calls out to Me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of My Father in heaven will enter." Matthew 7

  Jesus is saying we need to call out to HIM to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If Jesus can hear us when we call out to Him... 

  it's because HE IS GOD!

  One other point from that verse above. 

  It is Who JESUS determines who gets into Heaven and who doesn't

  Jesus chooses who gets in and who doesn't...

  because HE IS GOD!  

  Sure, not everyone will be saved except those who do the will of the Father but Who does Jesus say we all have to call on to even get a chance at Heaven? 

  HIM! 

  Now why would He tell people to call on Him if He can't hear them? 

  Jesus is omniscient (knows everything) and omnipresent (He is everywhere at all times) are GOD powers which Jesus has in heaven because...

  He is God! 

  In John 14:13-14, Jesus said this about prayer (italics mine),

13 "You can ask for anything in My name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 

14 Yes, ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it!"

  He doesn't say "Ask the Father and maybe He will do it." 

  Jesus says, "ask Me, and I will do it." 

  Why can Jesus say that?

  Because He is God!

  Next, if Jesus isn't God, why do the Apostles and disciples all pray to Him? 

  After Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension into Heaven, the apostles pray to the LORD JESUS to ask Him who will replace Judas:

  "Then they all prayed, “O Lord, you know every heart. Show us which of these men You have chosen as an apostle to replace Judas in this ministry, for he has deserted us and gone where he belongs.” Acts 1:24-25 

  Acts 2 tells us "... everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.’" 

  Whose name is that? 

  Why, the LORD's name, of course... 

  Jesus' name! 

  In Acts 7, Who does Stephen pray to as he is being stoned to death?

  "As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” He fell to his knees, shouting, “Lord, don’t charge them with this sin!” And with that, he died." Acts 7:59-60

  In Acts 8:22-23, the Apostle Peter tells Simon to pray to... 

  Who else but JESUS! 

  "Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps He will forgive your evil thoughts, for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin.” 

  That is proof again, not just that Jesus can hear your prayers, but He is the God Who also forgives you of your sins!

  In Acts 9, the Lord Jesus speaks to Ananias in a vision.

  (How can He do this if He isn't God?)

  Look at what He says in verse 11:

10 Now there was a believer in Damascus named Ananias. The Lord spoke to him in a vision, calling, “Ananias!”

  “Yes, Lord!” he replied.


11 The Lord said, “Go over to Straight Street, to the house of Judas. When you get there, ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul. He is praying to Me right now." (NLT)

  Not only is the blinded Saul of Tarsus praying to Jesus, but Jesus knows EXACTLY when Saul is praying  

  Jesus is in Heaven, so how does He know what Saul is doing on earth?

  He knows exactly what is going on everywhere because... 

  He is GOD!

  In Acts 13, who are the disciples worshiping? 

  2 "One day as these men were worshiping THE LORD and fasting..."

  In Ephesians 5:19, we are to "sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and make music TO THE LORD in your hearts." 

  Why would we be told to make music to Jesus in our hearts if He isn't God and can't hear us? 

  In 1 John 5, the Apostle John explains why we can have confidence when we pray to Jesus

13 "I have written this to you who believe in the name of THE SON OF GOD, so that you may know you have eternal life. 

14 And we are confident that HE HEARS US WHENEVER WE ASK FOR ANYTHING THAT PLEASES HIM. 

15 And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that HE WILL GIVE US WHAT WE ASK FOR."

  How can He hear our prayers if He isn't God?

  How can He answer our prayers if He isn't God? 

  How can He give us what we ask for if He isn't God?

  So to the question, 

  Can we pray to Jesus?

  There is only one answer in the Bible: 

  By all means...

  YES!
Because Jesus is GOD!

kid prayer


Comments

Doulos said…
John 17:3
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Jesus said he has a God.
John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Paul also says Jesus has a God.
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Peter also says Jesus has a God.
! Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God knows when Christ is going to return, but Jesus says he himself, does not know.
Matt. 24:36
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
At the end, Jesus is going to make himself subject to God.
1 Cor. 15
27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Jesus was on earth when he got baptized and a voice came from heaven. Jesus was on earth, God spoke from heaven.
Matthew 3
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
In scripture, God says Jesus is his son.
Matthew 3
17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Scripture says Christ is the mediator BETWEEN God and men.
1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
Jesus said God is greater than Jesus.
John 14:28
If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
Jesus said his teachings were not his own but they were from God, who sent him.
John 7
16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.
Scripture says Jesus had to be taught by God, what he was to say.
John 8:28
I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.
Anonymous said…
John 17:3
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Jesus said he has a God.
John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Paul also says Jesus has a God.
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Peter also says Jesus has a God.
! Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God knows when Christ is going to return, but Jesus says he himself, does not know.
Matt. 24:36
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
At the end, Jesus is going to make himself subject to God.
1 Cor. 15
27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Jesus was on earth when he got baptized and a voice came from heaven. Jesus was on earth, God spoke from heaven.
Matthew 3
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
In scripture, God says Jesus is his son.
Matthew 3
17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Scripture says Christ is the mediator BETWEEN God and men.
1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
Jesus said God is greater than Jesus.
John 14:28
If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
Jesus said his teachings were not his own but they were from God, who sent him.
John 7
16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.
Scripture says Jesus had to be taught by God, what he was to say.
John 8:28
I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.
Doulos said…
We should pray to the one to whom Jesus prayed. Jesus prayed to his God and father and he taught that we should also pray to his God and father.
nicole said…
If Jesus is God, then who was he praying to in the bible?
Anonymous said…
Jesus said so many times in the Bible that his father sent him and gave him all power and authority. That he will sit on the right hand of his father.
Anonymous said…
Jesus is not God. Jesus is the Son of God that came from the Father, and is seated at the right hand of God. The holy spirit revealed this to me. There is only One God. When you accept Jesus as your savior, master, king of kings, and the highest priest this is accepting to the Father, because He (Jesus) was sent to die for our sins. The Heaven, The earth, and everything under the earth is under Jesus's feet.

There is a bible verse, unable to find it, but when we reject Jesus, we reject the Father, because the son of God was sent from the Father, as a sacrifice/atonement for our sins that we no longer needed to slaughter animals, but that Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice.

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. (Bc we dont pray to Jesus, we pray to the Father) Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. (Thank you Heavenly Father for.... I ask that you...In the Lord Jesus Christ Name. Amen) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:23‭-‬24 KJV

Jesus always prayed to the Father, He never prayed to himself. The Lord God was before Jesus was Born. I used to believe the same thing in The Baptist church/theologian beliefs, but it never made sense.
So I began reading and studying the word, no where does Jesus say He is God. I am my father are one, I can say the same thing because Jesus was teaching us that we are also one with God. God lives in us as our comforter, (holy spirit), that's why when we pray, we pray in spirit to the Lord God, Father of Abraham, not to false pictures or carven images of Jesus (which is Idolatry because no one had a picture of the real Jesus and this was done purposefully) just as Jesus and if we had faith like Jesus, we would be able to do the things he did. He knew who God was and eventually his disciples was able to cast out demons and heal the sick, etc, but because they didnt have faith like Jesus because he was always with the father, they never got to that level.

One last thing, Jesus said he saw Abraham when they said he wasn't even 50 years old yet, how could he?He also saw satan get casted out of heaven by God like lightening, because he was always there with the Father, not as the Father.
We are children of God, not of Jesus. I love and accept Jesus as my savior 100%.

Fast and pray for The Lord God to show you who is really God and the Son of God (Jesus). The holyspirit has to direct you.

God bless
Naveen said…
Thank u Doulos and Anonymous.it really helped a lot to understand the basic concept .God bless u